Saturday, December 3, 2011

Time Lapse Project - CHDK


 Canon Hack Development Kit

Today I loaded the CHDK firmware to my SD Card.

I Located the appropriate firmware on the wiki http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

Followed the installation guide here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/File:CHDK_Installation_Guide.pdf

Then it was finished! (I thought it would be harder than this!)

So I took the next step and located a script for running the time lapse auto shoot..


I came across another part of the wiki where users had already written scritps to perform these actions!

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC/Scripts:_Ultra_Intervalometer

I tried a few different scripts, but ended up using the one below:


rem Author - Keoeeit
 rem Upgraded by Mika Tanninen
 @title Ultra Intervalometer
 @param a Delay 1st Shot (Mins)
 @default a 0
 @param b Delay 1st Shot (Secs)
 @default b 0
 @param c Number of Shots (0 inf)
 @default c 0
 @param d Interval (Minutes)
 @default d 0
 @param e Interval (Seconds)
 @default e 10
 @param f Interval (10th Seconds)
 @default f 0
 n=0
 t=(d*600+e*10+f)*100
 if c<1 then let c=0
 if t<100 then let t=100
 g=(a*60)+b
 if g<=0 then goto "interval"
 for m=1 to g
  print "Intvl Begins:", (g-m)/60; "min", (g-m)%60; "sec"
  sleep 930
  next m
 :interval
   n=n+1
   if c=0 then print "Shot", n else print "Shot", n, "of", c
   shoot
   if n=c then end
   sleep t
   goto "interval"
 
Then on the camera I loaded the script up, and it started shooting!

This is all too easy :)

One question I had was, how do I get the script to start as soon as the camera is turned on?
Turns out there is a feature for that in CHDK already as well!

As I was researching how to do it, I came across this persons issue where they had turned autostart on by accident!
http://www.flickr.com/groups/canonsx30/discuss/72157626084300606/

So I enabled autostart and the script... auto started!

Naturally I grabbed my gorillapod and threw it onto my window ledge and took it's very first time lapse!


Above: The camera on my Joby GorillaPod SLR Edition.

How did it turn out you ask?

See for yourself :)



(I reversed the footage, as it was more interesting watching the sunrise.... set.. so to speak :) )



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a couple of scripts which are great for capturing sunrise/set as well as intervalometer
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC/Scripts:_Time_lapse_script_variable_shutter_speed

and

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7757.0

Big Bull said...

We are providing fresh databases for fullz & Tools
All stuff will be fresh, Genuine, Legit & Guaranteed
Our team is available for you 24/7
If you need anything regarding
Hacking|Carding|Fullz|Tools|tutorials|Ebooks
Just let us know
we'll fulfil your demand in mins
Contact Here

Whats-app +92.317. 272.1122
T-ele-gram/I.C.Q @killhacks
Wickr or Skype @peeterhacks
Mail exploit dot tools4u at gmail dot-com

SSN fullz with DL info
USA Pros with good credit scores
Dumps with Pins/CC with CVV's

Hacking tools & Tutorials
S-pamming complete stuff with all tools
CArding Methods of cashouts, transfers, cloning
Mailers & RDP's
Many other tools We can provide on demand
Let us know what you need !